Hey everyone, today I’m reviewing the newly launched Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation. It is a new addition to Lakme’s 9 to 5 makeup range and is available in 4 shades – Beige Caramel, Beige Vannile, Rose Honey and Rose Ivory.
Packaging: Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation comes in a peach color plastic tube with a silver screw cap. It has a very tiny hole that dispenses only a small amount of the product to prevent wastage. The tube is very sturdy, convenient to use and can easily be carried in a purse. The shade name is given on the outer carton and also on the back side of the tube.
Texture & Fragrance: Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation has a very light, airy texture that spreads effortlessly on the skin. It has an artificial makeup fragrance which is not very strong, though.
Efficacy: Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation is available in 4 shades and I choose the shade Rose Ivory 01 which is a close match to my fair skin tone. After priming my face, I dot it all over my face & neck using my fingertips. It has a silky smooth texture that blends effortlessly and gives a matte finish to my face. It evens out minor imperfections and leaves you with a natural looking fresh face. It controls oil and shine from my t-zone and gives me a fresh non-drying matte finish. It feels very light on the skin and stays put on me for good 5-6 hours with minor fading.
It gives a sheer coverage and is not able to hide dark circles, acne spots or blemishes effectively, (for that you need to use a concealer separately). Even Lakme CC cream gives better coverage than this new mousse foundation. I’ve a combination skin that becomes a little dry during the winters so, I need to moisturize my face before applying it. But I think it’ll work nicely for my skin during the summers. It gives very light coverage with a single layer but you can build a 2nd layer for a little more coverage. But make sure to not go over board as the 3rd layer will give your skin an ashy or powdery finish.
Reasons to buy Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation:
- It comes in an easy to use and hygienic tube packaging.
- It has very light texture and feels like you’ve nothing on your face.
- Hides minor skin imperfections and it gives a non-drying fresh look for a good amount of the time.
- It controls oil from the face and leaves you with a shine-free finish.
- Suitable for normal, combination and oily skin.
- Doesn’t cause any breakouts to my sensitive acne prone skin.
- Easily available at local beauty stores and online shopping websites.
Reasons to avoid Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation:
- Gives very light coverage and unable to hide dark spots or skin discoloration.
- Not enough hydrating for the dry skin and has the tendency to accentuate dry patches and fine lines.
- Comes without SPF, so you need to apply sunscreen separately to protect your skin from the harsh sun.
- Only 4 shade options are available, so it is quite difficult to find an exact match for every skin tone.
- A little expensive when compared with the quantity provided.
- Ingredients list is not provided.
Name: Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation
Shelf life: 2 years
Ingredients: Not mentioned on the packaging.