Hey everyone, today I’m reviewing the Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick in the shade PM12. After the success of Enrich Satin range, Lakme introduced Satin Matte range in 20 beautiful shades (you can check all the shades here). I bought 2 of these newly launched lipsticks in shades PM12 & PM14 (click to read the review of PM14). The price of the Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick is Rs.295 for 4.7g. These are easily available at local beauty stores and also online at Amazon.in.
Packaging: Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick comes in a clear plastic case with a silver matte inner body. The only difference in the packaging of the Enrich Satin lipstick & Enrich Matte lipstick is that the later comes with a matte inner case. There is no shade name provided, only the shade number PM12 is mentioned at the bottom of the lipstick and also on the outer carton. All in all, the packaging is sturdy and the cap will not open accidently in your purse that makes it easy to carry while going out.
Texture & Fragrance: Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick has creamy soft texture and has powdery formulation. It glides smoothly on the lips without tugging. It has a sweet cosmetic smell, exactly like the Enrich Satin lipsticks.
Shade: These lipsticks don’t have shade names like the Enrich Satin range. These are named as PM (Pink Matte), RM (Red Matte), OM (Orange Matte) and WM (Wine Matte) followed with numbers.
Pigmentation: Lakme Enrich Matte PM12 lipstick has good pigmentation and it goes completely opaque with 2-3 strokes.
Efficacy: The shade PM12 is a beautiful pink color with coral undertones. It glides smoothly on the lips but due its powdery texture, it gives a patchy finish to the lips. You need to work really hard to get an even matte finish. I usually outline my lips with a lip pencil and then apply this lipstick. For an even matte finish, I smudge this lipstick with my finger after each coat. You need to apply 3-4 coats to get intense color and this way the lipstick stays put for about 3 hours with light snacks in between. The formula is neither moisturizing nor drying and it feels very comfortable on the lips. But the major drawback of this lipstick is its too powdery texture due to which it highlights every dry patch on your lips and also settles into lip lines. Another con is, it fades unevenly and the stain left behind is very difficult to remove.
Reasons to buy Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick:
- Sturdy and travel-friendly packaging.
- Beautiful coral pink shade.
- Non-drying formula.
- Feels very light on the lips.
- It has good pigmentation.
- It gives a matte finish and stays on for up to 3 hrs.
- 20 pretty shades are available.
- Not very expensive.
Reasons to avoid Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick:
- Very powdery texture that makes application quite difficult.
- It gives an uneven patchy finish and sets into lip lines.
- The stain left behind is quite difficult to remove.
- Not suitable for ladies with dry lips, even the use of lip balm underneath it won’t help much.
- Frequent touch ups are required if you plan to wear it for longer.
- Its fragrance can bother some ladies.
- No ingredients mentioned on the packaging.