Hello everyone, today I’m going to share my shopping experience with an online shopping website – thestore.in. It is a Chennai based online shopping store which sells grocery, personal care products, stationery, OTC drugs, organic products and much more. I came across this website while I was looking to buy Vicco Turmeric Foam face wash. At that time it was the only store on which it was available. So I placed the order for the same along with a few more stuff from the website.
Layout : thestore.in has very neat and clean layout with user friendly interface. They offer different categories and filters in the menu bar which make the shopping experience much convenient. Search option is also given on the top in case you are looking for some particular product.
Procedure : I registered myself at their website by entering my email id and password. Next step is to choose the products and add them in the cart. After that I entered my address and made payment. They sent the order confirmation email on the registered email id and sms on the registered mobile phone. After some time they sent another email with all details like estimated delivery date and tracking id for my parcel.
Payment Options : Payment can be made via debit/credit cards or net banking, COD option is also available. Payment can also be done via following cash cards/wallets :
- Done Card
Please note : Upto 2% of Transaction Amount will be charged additionally as processing fee by the Cash Card Provider.
Delivery : Delivery to rest of India except Chennai is done generally by Indian Post. I received my package within a week in Delhi NCR.
What I Liked about thestore.in :
- It had listed some products which were not available anywhere else online.
- All the products came inside a brown carton, the products were further placed inside two smaller cartons. All the products were in good condition without any damage.
- Cash-on-Delivery (COD) option is also available in certain post codes across India.
What I Dis-liked about thestore.in :
- They should improve their packaging, I think they should have bubble wrapped the products instead of placing them in 2-3 cartons.
- They offer only limited products from selected brands.
- Currently they don’t sell makeup products.
One more thing I wanted to share but isn’t sure if it is a pro or a cons – I ordered a 70g tube of Vicco turmeric cream (foam based) face wash. After few days they called me and told that the 70g tubes are out of stock and they can either send two 30g tubes instead or refund the money.