Hey everyone, today I’m going to share the review of the Suncros Matte Finish Soft Sun Protectant Gel with SPF 50 PA+++. Suncros sunscreen is not a new product, it is already sold at pharmacies since 2005. It is India’s no.1 dermatologist recommended sunscreen but earlier it was available only on prescriptions. Sun Pharma has relaunched Suncros sunscreen commercially with the all new packaging and beautiful Bollywood actress Diya Mirza is endorsing it. Suncros sunscreen is available in 3 variants for different skin types and is now available both OTC and by prescription.
Suncros Sunscreen Variants:
- Suncros Aqualotion with SPF 50 (sensitive skin) Price: Rs.395 for 60ml
- Suncros Aquagel with SPF 26 (oily skin) Price: Rs.345 for 100g
- Suncros Soft with SPF 50+ PA+++ in matte finish (all skin types) Price: Rs.545 for 50g
My Experience: Suncros Matte Finish Soft SPF 50+ PA+++ Sun Protectant Gel comes in a sturdy and hygienic to use white tube packaging. It comes in an off-white color and has a silicone-y texture almost like a light mousse. It has a typical medicinal scent which is not very strong. It spreads easily on the skin and gets completely absorbed into the skin with a little massage. Despite its light airy consistency, it provides an adequate moisture to my oily-combi skin and I don’t find the need of applying moisturizer separately. It doesn’t give a matte finish to my skin but still feels very comfortable on the skin. I’ve been using this sunscreen for the past 2-3 weeks and it didn’t cause any irritation or breakout to my acne prone skin. It comes with SPF 50 that will provide sun protection for good 8 hrs and PA+++ protects the skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays. Another plus point of this sunscreen is that it is water resistant that means this sunscreen will not wash off with sweat or a splash of water.
Reasons to buy Suncros Matte Finish Soft SPF 50+ PA+++ Sunscreen:
- It has a light mousse-like texture that spreads and sinks easily without many efforts.
- It moisturizes my oily-combi skin well and leaves my skin oil-free for a longer period.
- Unlike other sunscreens, it doesn’t leave white cast on the skin.
- Due to its silicone-y texture, it can act as a nice primer for your everyday makeup.
- It comes with SPF50+ PA+++ that provides broad spectrum protection from both UV-A & UV-B rays.
- It is water resistant so it will not wash off with sweat and drizzle.
- It is free from chemical agents and even suitable for babies above the age of six months.
- Didn’t cause breakouts to my acne prone sensitive skin.
- Suitable to use by men, women and even children.
- Easily available at local pharmacies and also online at Nykaa.com.
Reasons to avoid Suncros Matte Finish Soft SPF 50+ PA+++ Sunscreen:
- People with extremely dry skin can find it a little drying (but a good moisturizer underneath it can handle that problem).
- Not completely matte if you have super oily skin.
- The quantity provided is quite less in comparison to the tube size as half of the tube is filled with air.
- Some people can find it expensive.
- It has a weird fragrance that stays on for some time.