Hey everyone, today I’m reviewing the VLCC Sun Defense Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion SPF 50 PA+++. It comes with a unique water-resistance formula that protects the skin from tanning, redness & irritation and leaves the skin glowing.
Packaging: VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion SPF 50 comes in yellow & white squeeze tube with an orange color flip cap. The cap shuts with a click and it will not open accidently inside your purse in case you want to carry it along while traveling. All the product related information is provided on the back side of the tube. Overall the tube packaging is sturdy, hygienic and very convenient to use.
Texture & Fragrance: VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion SPF 50 comes in a milky white color and has a little thick consistency. It contains tiny granules that don’t dissolve while massaging and remain on the skin’s surface even after application. It has a sweet some essential oil (most probably raspberry seed oil) kind of fragrance, which is not very strong and vanishes away after application.
Price & Availability: The price of the VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion SPF 50 is Rs.350 for 100g. It is easily available at local stores and leading online shopping websites.
Efficacy: I’ve a quite sensitive, acne prone combination skin and a good sunscreen is a must have for me all around the year. I generally don’t change my sunscreen as I love my Lotus Matte Gel SPF 50 and Lotus Multi Function Sunblock SPF 70. They work great for my skin. Last summer my hubby bought this VLCC Hydrophobic sunscreen as he doesn’t like Lotus sunscreen and wanted to try some other brand. I totally love VLCC facial kits so I advised him to try a sunscreen from the brand, expecting their sunscreen would be as great as their facial kits.
The first time I applied this sunscreen during the summer and I didn’t like it at all, so I stopped using it. A few days back I reused it hoping that it might work on my skin during the cold weather. Its rich creamy texture spreads easily but you need to massage it for good 2-3 minutes to make sure it is completely absorbed. While massaging it, the tiny granules present in this sunscreen feel quite irritating as they don’t dissolve and it feels like I’m applying a creamy scrub on my face. It does hydrates the skin but leaves an oily sheen behind that feels very sticky and uncomfortable. To my surprise, it didn’t irritate or cause breakouts to my sensitive skin despite its irritating granular texture. I tried it a few times and didn’t notice any sun damage to my skin. But still I don’t like it and stopped using it after 3-4 usages.
Reasons to buy VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion SPF 50:
- Easy to use and travel-friendly tube packaging.
- Enriched with extracts of natural ingredients.
- Comes with SPF 50 and Broad Spectrum Sun Block protection.
- It is water-resistant which makes it ideal to use during the outdoor water activities.
- It does protect the skin from sunburn and tanning.
- Suitable for both men and women.
- Didn’t cause any breakout to my sensitive acne prone skin.
- Quite affordable as compared lotus sunscreens.
Reasons to avoid VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion SPF 50:
- It contains sand like tiny granules that are quite harsh on the skin and they don’t dissolve while massaging and remain on the face after application.
- It leaves a shiny whitish cast on the skin.
- It gives uncomfortable greasy feeling to my combination skin even during the colder months when my skin becomes dry.
- It is not ideal to use during the hot and humid weather.
- It’ll not suit combination, oily and even normal skin.
- Not a value for money product.
Name: VLCC Sun Defense Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion SPF 50 PA+++
Shelf life: 3 years
Claims, Usage & Ingredients: