Hey everyone, today I’m going to share the review of the Acne Star Gel ointment that claims to cure acne and leave you with radiant clear skin. I’ve oily skin which is prone to acne and blemishes. So I’m always on the look out for products that claim to work on my problematic skin. After watching Shruti Hassan’s new commercial on Youtube I thought why not to try this anti-acne gel. After using this acne star gel for the past 2 months, now I’m ready to share its review.
Packaging: The Acne Star Gel comes in a sleek tube packaging with a white screw cap. A leaflet in also provided with the tube that contains all the information about the types & causes of acne along with product information.
- Clindamycin Topical(1%): Clindamycin is used to treat bacterial infections.
- Nicotinamide(4%): Nicotinamide is used to treat vitamin B3 deficiency and inflammatory skin diseases like acne and pellagra.
Price & Availability: The price of the Acne Star Gel is Rs.70 for 15g and it is widely available at local medical stores.
My experience: It comes in a clear gel form and has a typical medicinal smell, though not very strong. After cleansing my face, I dot this gel on the areas where I’ve acne scars and pimples. It gives very mild tingling sensation when applied and the skin might turn red after its usage. It gets completely absorbed into the skin and doesn’t leave any sticky feeling behind. It does work on breakouts and the size of pimples & acne starts reducing from the very first usage, but it takes about 7-8 days to completely clear pimples & acne. It also helps in fading acne marks but you need to be patient to see visible results. We tested this acne gel on 3 people – my 19 yrs old niece, myself and my husband and the results varied for each of us. Its results can vary from person to person and also depends on the type of acne you have. You can give this acne star gel a try if you get breakouts occasionally and in case you have severe acne I will suggest consulting with a dermatologist before using it.
Pros of Acne Star Gel:
- It is formulated with Clindamycin and Nicotinamide that are known for their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It does pretty good job in clearing minor breakouts and also prevent their reoccurrence.
- Quite effective in clearing pimples, acne and also helps in fading acne marks when used frequently over a period of time.
- It didn’t cause further breakouts to my skin.
- It is ideal to use by teens and adults as well.
- Suitable for all skin types (oily, dry, combination or normal).
- Very affordable.
- Easily available.
Cons of Acne Star Gel:
- The skin can turn slightly red after its usage.
- It will not clear acne in just one go, it will take days, weeks or sometimes months to see visible results.
- Its skin brightening claims are not true(it is not going to make your skin brighter or whiter).
Given below are the frequently asked questions about Acne Star Gel and I’m going to share my personal experience. Please understand its results can vary from one person to another. It worked for my skin but it doesn’t mean it will work the same way for your skin too. I highly recommend consulting a dermatologist before starting any kind of anti-acne treatment. (I tried my best to answer all the queries, I hope my review will help you).
Q – Does it remove pimples & pimple marks?
A – Yes it does clear pimples and marks but it will take time and also the result & time may vary for different skin types.
Q – Does it cure acne?
A – Yes, it does in my case at least.
Q – Is this product really effect ?
A – Yeah! in my case, it worked.
Q – How many times use this gel?
A – Please read the leaflet carefully before using it. I use this gel only during the night time before going to bed.
Q – Can this cream really give a clear and radiant skin?
A – No, it is not a whitening/brightening/glowing skin cream.
Q – Does this work on pigmentation?
A – No.
Q – Does this cream have side effects?
A – I’ve combination-oily skin and I’ve not seen any side effects after using this gel for more than 2 months.
Q – Can it be used only on the acne or the entire face?
A – This gel should be used as a spot treatment, just dab a small amount on the affected areas.
Q – Does Acne star gel remove blackheads or not?
A – I don’t think so, it is not meant to treat blackheads.