Hey everyone, today I’m going to review the second product from Plum Chamomile & White Tea range. Plum beauty brand recently launches this summer essentials combo that contains 3 products – a face wash, toner and a day cream. I’ve already reviewed the face wash from the same range and today I’ll share my views about the Plum Chamomile & White Tea Sheer Matte Day Cream with SPF50.
Packaging: Plum Chamomile & White Tea Sheer Matte Day Cream come in a white tube with a clear flip open cap. The tube packaging is hygienic to use and you can easily carry it in your purse while going out. The product related information like claims, ingredients, how to use, price, expiry date, etc. is mentioned on the tube and also on the outer carton.
Texture & Fragrance: Plum Chamomile & White Tea Sheer Matte Day Cream comes in a white color and has a rich creamy texture. It has a perfect consistency neither too thick nor runny. The cream has a very faint smell which I found quite pleasant and it will not irritate sensitive noses.
Price & Availability: The price of the Plum Chamomile & White Tea Sheer Matte Day Cream is Rs.520 for 60ml. You can buy Plum products online from Nykaa.com or their official website Plumgoodness.com.
Efficacy: I really like day cream that comes with SPF as there is no need to carry two different products (moisturiser & sunscreen) especially when you are travelling. After cleansing & toning my, I take a small amount of this day cream and massage it nicely on my face & neck. It looks a thick when you squeeze it out of the tube but despite its rich texture, it spreads very easily. It gets completely absorbed into the skin with a little massage. It moisturizes my combination-oily skin nicely without feeling sticky or oily and leaves my skin refreshed with an oil-free finish. But my hubby finds it a little drying for his normal skin type. I’m using this day cream along with face wash & toner from the same range and this combo really helped in soothing my irritated sun-exposed skin. But on the downside, this day cream is not sweat resistant and if you are someone like me who sweats a lot on the face it will easily wash off as soon as you step out of the AC room. Because of this reason, I don’t prefer applying this day cream if I’m going outside in the sun as I don’t like the white sweat dripping out of my face. But I’m sure I will be using it very often during the colder months.
Reasons to buy Plum Chamomile & White Tea Sheer Matte Day Cream:
- It comes in a hygienic to use and travel-friendly tube packaging.
- The day cream is enriched with some amazing natural ingredients like chamomile, white tea, olive, green tea and ginkgo extracts.
- It provides adequate hydration to the skin and leaves the skin refreshed.
- This day cream comes with SPF50.
- It helps soothe skin irritation and minor sunburns.
- It doesn’t cause any breakouts to my combination skin.
- Despite its rich texture, it feels very light on the skin.
- It is free from Paraben, SLS & phthalate and is 100% vegan.
- Suitable for normal to combination skin types.
- Ideal to use by both men & women.
Reasons to avoid Plum Chamomile & White Tea Sheer Matte Day Cream:
- A little expensive when compared with the quantity provided.
- It melts off the face in hot/humid weather due to face sweating. So it is helpful only if you are always in AC environment. If your face sweats after its application then it will just come out with the sweat and therefore, you need to reapply it very frequently .
Name: Plum Chamomile & White Tea Sheer Matte Day Cream
Shelf life: 2 years
Claims: Finally, a high SPF cream that doesn’t feel like one. Our specially created micro-emulsion formula helps distribute the sunscreen more evenly over your skin. Result: a smooth, matte effect without white cast. And while the SPF protects your skin from the outside, the specially blended cocktail of antioxidants help your skin fight the harmful effects of UV from within.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-3, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG 400, Phospholipids, 1-3 Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Matricaria recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia sinesis (White Tea Extract, Gingko biloba Leaf Extract, Olea europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Aspalathus linearis (Rooibos) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinesis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Niacinamide, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, FDA Approved Colours.
I too sweat a lot when I am out. Being oily skin person this will defo suit me, may be inside the office I can wear this :D Thanks for the review