In this article, we will delve into the meaning of the word “crush” in Hindi and provide examples to understand its usage in the Hindi language. “Crush” is a term commonly used to describe an intense but temporary infatuation or attraction towards someone. Let’s explore how this concept is understood and expressed in Hindi culture.
Meaning of “Crush” in Hindi
When translated into Hindi, the word “crush” can be understood as “प्रेमभाव” (pronounced as “prem bhav”). The term “प्रेमभाव” refers to the feeling of being emotionally drawn to someone, often accompanied by a desire for a romantic or personal connection.
Examples of “Crush” in Hindi
The Hindi language provides various examples to illustrate the concept of a “crush.” These examples showcase different contexts in which the term is used, including romantic, celebrity, and friend crushes.
Romantic Crush Examples
- उसके प्यार में पागल हो गया हूँ। वह मेरा पहला प्रेमभाव है। Translation: “I have gone crazy in love with her. She is my first crush.”
- मैं उसे देखते ही प्रेमभाव में पड़ गया। उसकी मुस्कान मुझे दीवाना बना रही है। Translation: “The moment I saw her, I developed a crush. Her smile drives me crazy.”
Celebrity Crush Examples
- मेरा प्रियतम कलाकार है शाहरुख़ ख़ान। मैं उनकी फिल्में देखने के लिए तरसता हूँ। Translation: “My favorite actor is Shah Rukh Khan. I have a crush on him, and I yearn to watch his movies.”
- उस गायक के धुन पर मैं बहुत प्रेमभाव में हूँ। उनकी आवाज़ मेरे दिल को छू जाती है। Translation: “I have a crush on that singer. His voice touches my heart.”
Friend Crush Examples
- मेरे सबसे अच्छे दोस्त की एक स्वाभिमानी मुस्कान है। उसके प्रति मेरा प्रेमभाव हमेशा बढ़ता जा रहा है। Translation: “My best friend has a radiant smile. My crush on him keeps growing.”
- उस लड़के की स्वभाव से मैं प्रेमभाव में पड़ गई हूँ। हमारी मिलन-जुलन की बातें मेरे दिन की शुरुआत होती हैं। Translation: “I have developed a crush on that boy due to his nature. Our interactions set the tone for my day.”
In Hindi, the word “crush” is translated as “प्रेमभाव” (prem bhav), which represents a temporary infatuation or attraction towards someone. We explored various examples of “crush” in Hindi, including romantic, celebrity, and friend crushes. The concept of a crush in Hindi culture reflects the universal experience of being drawn to someone emotionally and romantically.
The literal translation of “crush” in Hindi is “प्रेमभाव” (prem bhav).
While “प्रेमभाव” (prem bhav) is the most common translation for “crush” in Hindi, it can also refer to other forms of affection or attraction.
The concept of a crush in Hindi-speaking countries is similar to that in other cultures, but specific expressions and societal norms may vary.
In Hindi, you can express having a crush on someone by using phrases like “प्रेमभाव होना” (prem bhav hona) or “किसी पर प्यार आना” (kisi par pyar aana).
While the literal term “crush” may not be commonly used, expressing the concept of having a crush is prevalent in Hindi conversations.