Hello everyone, today’s review is about the Derma Essentia Advanced SPF 50 sunscreen gel. Derma Essentia is an Indian beauty brand that offers a range of nature-inspired scientific products to provide protection and nourishment to the skin.
Packaging: The sunscreen gel comes in a white plastic tube with an open flip cap. The tube is compact, hygienic to use and can be easily carried in a purse while travelling. The vital product information like ingredients, product claims, expiry date, etc. is also written on the tube.
Price & Availability: The price of the Derma Essentia Advanced SPF 50 sunscreen gel is Rs.395 for 50g, and it is available online @ Amazon.in and Flipkart.com. You can also buy it from their official website dermaessentia.com.
Click here to buy it.
My Experience: I have a sensitive, combination skin that gets irritated and tanned even within 2 minutes of sun exposure. I religiously use a sunscreen, twice daily, throughout the year to protect my skin. I’ve tried many sunscreens, and WOW sunscreen, Neutrogena sunblock, Lotus Matte Gel and Kaya Aquagel are few of my favourite, especially for the summer.
Derma Essentia sunscreen comes in a white colour and has a faint scent. It is a gel-based lotion that spreads quickly and evenly on the skin without many efforts. It has a lightweight formula that doesn’t clog pores and gives a non-greasy finish to the skin. Additionally, it doesn’t leave the white layer on the skin. I generally apply it in the morning after washing my face and reapply it in the afternoon. However, you need to reapply it after every 2 hours if you stay outside in the sun for a long time.
As I’ve mentioned in my previous post of Everyuth Tan Removal Scrub, we were travelling the whole last month and had so much sun exposure. This sunscreen was one of the skincare travel-essential that I always carried in my purse. Even my hubby likes it a lot, as it doesn’t give any sticky feeling and the skin feels hydrated after using it.
Reasons to buy Derma Essentia SPF 50 Sunscreen Gel:
- A light textured lotion that protects the skin from the sun and gives not-sticky finish for a reasonable amount of time.
- It has a water-resistant and sweat resistant formula.
- It has antioxidant, pollution-protecting and skin lightening properties.
- It protects against both UVA rays (that cause skin ageing) and UVB rays (that cause sunburn & tanning).
- It spreads on the skin uniformly and won’t let the components of sunscreen to get absorbed into the skin.
- NIt doesn’t leave the white cast on the skin.
- It can be used on face and other body parts as well.
- It is quite moisturizing yet non-greasy.
- It can be used by both men and women.
Reasons to avoid Derma Essentia SPF 50 Sunscreen Gel:
- Not widely available offline.
- It smells like a hair removal cream, although the scent is mild and vanishes within a minute after its application.
About the Brand:
“Dermaessentia is the OTC division of ‘Aurel Biolife,’ a company synonymous with quality and excelling in scientific product development for last 7 years. Cosmeceuticals for advanced skin care treatment is the focus area of this venture. We believe in nature-inspired scientific products for the protection and nourishment of your skin. ‘Excellence in Quality’ is the hallmark of our diverse range of products. We have the professionally qualified team for scientific research and formulation development as well as ‘Quality Assurance’.
Do visit their website dermaessentia.com to know more about their complete range of products.