Hello everyone, today I am reviewing a Health Vit Activated Charcoal Purifying peel-off mask. I like to try different peel-off masks as I find it fun to peel the mask off. I have used a few charcoal peel-off masks in the past from some Korean beauty brands and liked them. So when I saw this face mask on discount at Nykaa.com, I couldn’t resist but ordered it.
Packaging: The peel-off mask comes in an easy to use tube packaging with a screw cap. The tube pack is sturdy and spill-proof that makes it easy to carry while travelling. The vital product information is mentioned on the tube.
Price & Availability: The cost of the Health Vit Activated Charcoal Purifying Peel Off Mask is Rs.350 for 50g. It is readily available at leading online shopping websites and a few offline beauty stores.
My Experience: After washing my face with a mild face cleanser, I take a small quantity of this mask and start applying it to cover my entire face. Make sure to apply a slightly thick and even layer that will make the peel-off process easy. I keep it on till it dries up, (it takes around 20-25 minutes to dry). You can feel the skin tightening effect when it’s dried-up. I start peeling the mask off from my forehead. It doesn’t come out in a single piece (as advertised in the promotions) which is okay. Take your time and peel it gently and don’t rush. It hurts a little bit if you have facial hair and the skin might turn a bit red though the redness subsides within a few minutes.
After removing the face mask, the skin feels soft and smooth to touch, and there is a visible glow on the skin. The skin looks brighter and tighter though these effects last only for few hours. It extracts dead skin, impurities and a few whiteheads nicely. However, those stubborn blackheads can’t be removed by this mask.
Things to keep in mind while using this mask :
- Always wash your face with a mild cleanser before applying any face mask.
- Make sure not to apply this face mask on the hairline, eyebrows and around the eye area to avoid discomfort and damage.
- Apply slightly thick and even layer of the face mask that will help in easy removal of the mask. (When I used it the first time, I applied a slightly thin layer that became very difficult to peel off, and I had to wash my face to remove the mask 😛 )
- After removing the mask, use a toner to seal the pores and don’t forget to apply moisturizer.
- You can use it once or twice a week.
What I liked about Health Vit Activated Charcoal Purifying Peel Off Mask:
- It extracts impurities from the pores leaving the skin clean, clear and visibly bright.
- It doesn’t cause any allergy or reaction to my acne-prone skin.
- The skin feels very clear, relaxed and genuinely cleansed after its usage.
- Ideal to use by both men and women.
What I disliked about Health Vit Activated Charcoal Purifying Peel Off Mask:
- The consistency of the face mask is very runny that makes the application process messy and also leads to product wastage.
- Not very affordable and this mask will last you a maximum of 8-10 usages. In my opinion, it is slightly overpriced, and its price should be priced around 200-250 INR.
- It doesn’t extract blackheads completely.