Hey everyone, today I am going to review Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm. I really like Himalaya skin care products, as they are natural, not very expensive and are easily available at stores and online shopping websites.
Packaging : The lip balm comes in a simple white plastic tube with green screw cap. The packaging is compact, sturdy and you can easily carry it in your pocket or wallet.
What I Liked about Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm :
- I totally like its hygienic tube packaging.
- The lip balm has almost clear gel like consistency.
- The slide shape of the tube mouth helps in precise application and covers the whole lips in a single go.
- It has a very faint fragrance (which is not at all noticeable) and has no taste.
- It glides smoothly on the lips and hydrates my dry lips very well.
- It heals & soothes chapped lips and leaves my lips soft, smooth and nourished.
- It doesn’t feel sticky or oily on the lips and you can use it underneath matte lipsticks.
- I prefer to use it in the night before going to bed. It provides intense moisturization to my lips and I wake up every morning with soft & supple lips.
- Sometimes I use it as a lip scrub. Apply a generous amount of this lip balm and then massage brown sugar on your lips gently. It helps exfoliating the lips nicely and at the same time hydrates my lips.
- It is enriched with some amazing oils of carrot, castor, coconut and wheatgerm.
- It is a clear lip balm and thus is suitable for men also. Even my hubby keeps one in his laptop bag 😀
- It is quite inexpensive and you can buy it easily from local stores and online shopping stores.
What I Disliked about Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm :
- Full ingredients list is missing.
- You need to re-apply it after 2-3 hours.
- Not effective on extremely dry or flaky lips.
Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm Price in India : Rs.28 for 10g
Product Information :
Name : Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm
Claims : Himalaya’s Lip Balm, made up of completely natural ingredients, relieves sore and chapped lips, especially during the winter season. Enriched with the oils of Castor, Coconut, Wheatgerm and Carrot and the extracts of Sweet Indrajao, Lip Balm protects your lips against the drying effect of the cold, wind and central heating.
Usage : Apply a thin, smooth layer of Lip Balm on your lips.
Shelf Life : 2 years
Active Ingredients :
- Castor Oil : It is used externally to relieve various inflammatory skin conditions. It is helpful in treating sunburn, acne, dry skin, boils, warts and stretch marks.
- Coconut Oil : It is an effective emollient and can be used externally for softening the lips. In addition, it is an effective moisturizer for all skin types including dry skin. Coconut Oil can delay the onset of wrinkles and skin sagging which typically become prominent with age. It also helps in treating various skin conditions including psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
- Wheatgerm Oil : It is a rich source of natural vitamin E which nourishes the skin and prevents moisture loss. It tones and softens the lips and exhibits potent antioxidant activity.
- Sweet Indrajao : Its leaves are used in various skin disorders including herpes. Its astringent, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties make it ideal to treat a broad range of skin disorders.
- Carrot : It contains vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene which is essential for tissue growth in the body. Carrot is an excellent natural antioxidant, which slows down the aging process by scavenging free radicals. Carrot juice also benefits the skin as it fights sun damage