Are you tired of endless searches on Google looking for the right educational resources? Finding it hard to access reliable sites or teachers regarding course material? Tired of being promised “free content” only to be taken to a page asking for your credit card details?
With Teachers Pay Teachers, you can now put an end to all these endless woes. At Teachers Pay Teachers, you will have access to free, reliable, and a plethora of educational resources from a wide variety of subjects, tailor-made for students from Kindergarten to 12th grade. Leverage the new era of online learning and peer materials with Teachers Pay Teachers.
Following are the steps to access free educational material (specific to worksheets, but can also be used for printables, activities, interactive notebooks, etc.):
Teachers Pay Teachers Website and Account
At first, you’ll need to create an account with Teachers Pay Teachers to access the material, download, rate and review the content as well as to follow your favorite teacher-authors.
Creating an account also enables you to share your own teaching resources with the community and get paid for it. You can post unlimited material across topics, see sales data and reports and, most important of all, help support educators worldwide through the community.
How to create an account with Teachers Pay Teachers?
- Visit the Teachers Pay Teachers website
- To begin with, you will need to click on the “Join Us” option on the top right side of the page in the website mentioned above.
- Next, you will need to select your free ‘TPT membership’ account so you can access the worksheets available for free, as shown in the screenshot below:
- You can choose the ‘basic seller account’ if you wish to share resources, as mentioned in the previous section.
- Fill up the basic information requested on the form, which includes some personal information (name, email address, etc.) and details around what you teach and in which country so that the content can be curated better to meet your requirements.
- Finally, check the captcha box and hit the “Join now” button so you can create your account.
Filter and View Free Worksheets on the Teachers Pay Teachers website
After creating your account, you’ll have access to a wide array of content across multiple topics, segregated through many levels. There are two ways through which you can access the free content available on Teachers Pay Teachers:
- You can select the option for free content from the top search bar under “Browse.” This will open up 4 other sub-options where you can select the “Price” option and choose “Free.” This will display all the free content available.
- Another method to access free content is by using the options available on the left-hand side navigation bar. The left of the webpage has the filters you find at the top search bar, as well as some suggestions for your search based on your profile. You can find the option to choose “Free” content under the price filter here as well. The screenshot below shows how this is done.
Additional Filters to access Specific Free Worksheets based on your Requirements
The selection above gives you access to all free content ranging from printables and worksheets to lesson plans and projects. We can choose the “Worksheets” options from the “Resource types” filter on the left-hand side. The screenshot below shows the option to choose to have access to worksheets specifically within free content.
Once you have selected “Free” content and “Worksheets” resource type, you will be able to choose from a plethora of options to tailor fit the content you see as per your requirement. This will help prevent you from getting lost in an endless catalog of educational material. Some of the available filters are as follows:
Grades: This filter provides you the option to select specific content that you would like to see for a particular grade or grades. For example, if you are a teacher looking for content for students in the 7th and 8th grades, then you can select those from the grades filter, and the content visible to you will only be free content for 7th and 8th-grade students.
Other: There is an option within grades to view content without being specific. This includes options such as “Not grade-specific,” “Higher education,” “Home school,” “Adult education” and “Staff” so it can help narrow your search, without being too specific.
Digital resources for Students: This filter gives you the flexibility on the nature of the resources that students will use to access the content. Split between “Google Apps,” “Internet Activities,” and “Webquests.” It gives you the option to interact with students using multiple access channels.
CCSS: This filter enables you to filter and display out content for the common core state standards (CCSS) initiative. Through this filter, you can select the English Language Arts (ELA) and math content for the grade of students you wish to teach.
Subjects: Through this filter, you can narrow down the subjects of interest or focus that you wish to use TPT’s content for. The subjects range from core subjects like science and math to foreign languages. This content is also spread across grades to cater to all K-12 student requirements.
After choosing any of the filters, you will notice that these filters appear on the top left to indicate the specific content you are viewing. For example, if you want to view free worksheets for students from grades 8 through 10 on Spanish, your filters will look like the screenshot below:
You can now modify the selection either by clicking on the “X” symbol next to each selection or by adding additional filters by choosing them from the filters available.
So what are you waiting for?
Now you can leverage the numerous worksheets available on TPT, contributed by teachers from around the world, ALL FOR FREE. So let’s make the most of this resource available to us and help our students get the best education they can.