Hey everyone, today I am reviewing the newly launched Kaya Ultra Light AquaGel Sunscreen that I’ve been using for the past one week. This broad spectrum sunscreen is specially designed for oily/acne prone skin to provide superior sun protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Price & Availability: The price of the Kaya Ultra Light AquaGel Sunscreen SPF 25 is Rs.590 for 50ml and it can be bought online from Nykaa.com or shop.kaya.in.
Packaging: The Ultra Light AquaGel Sunscreen comes in a white plastic tube with yellow flip cap. The tube packaging is sturdy, hygienic to use and travel-friendly. The tube also contains the important product related information like ingredients, price, expiry date, etc.
Texture & Fragrance: Kaya Ultra Light AquaGel Sunscreen comes in an off white color and has a very light cream-like consistency. It comes without any fragrance.
My Experience: I have a combination skin with oily t-zone and dry cheeks. Additionally, my skin is easily prone to acne and blemishes. So, sunscreen application is a must for me to protect my skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. I religiously apply sunscreen DAILY without fail throughout the year. Plum Matte cream and Lotus Matte Gel are my all time favorite sunscreens, especially during the summers.
Since this sunscreen is specially designed for oily and acne-prone skin, I gave it a try. I take a generous amount of this ultra light sunscreen and apply it on my thoroughly cleansed face & neck. It spreads smoothly on the skin and gets completely absorbed with a little massage. It gives mild cooling sensation when applied on the skin. It is moisturizing enough to hydrate my combination skin well and I don’t find the need of applying moisturizer underneath it.
It is very lightweight and keeps my skin oil/shine free for a good amount of time. It comes with SPF 25 and PA+++ that protects the skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays. When I’m staying at home, I apply this sunscreen in the morning and then reapply it after 5 hours. However, if I’m outside I prefer applying it after every 2-3 hours.
Reasons to buy Kaya Ultra Light AquaGel Sunscreen SPF 25:
- A gel-based sunscreen that moisturizes well and keeps my combination skin oil free for 4-5 hours.
- It is specially designed for acne-prone or oily skin.
- Its non-greasy formula doesn’t clog open pores.
- It is free of fragrance, hence additional chemicals.
- PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) free.
- Didn’t cause any allergy or irritation to my acne prone combination skin.
- It comes with SPF 25 & PA+++, which are good enough for sun protection.
- Ideal to use by both men and women.
Reasons to avoid Kaya Ultra Light AquaGel Sunscreen SPF 25:
- It is neither waterproof nor sweat-proof, so you need to reapply it frequently if you sweat a lot.
- Some people can find it expensive.