Hello everyone, today’s review is about a yet another skincare product for babies. A few days back I reviewed the body lotion from Lotus Herbals Baby+ skincare range and this time I am reviewing the body wash & shampoo from the same range. As I’ve mentioned in my last post (Lotus Baby body lotion) that Lotus Herbals has launched new baby care range that includes six products. I bought three of their products for my daughter, a few weeks back from Amazon.in and have been using them since then.
Packaging: The body wash comes in a plastic bottle with press-down cap. The eye-catching yellow bottle with brown accents looks attractive and cute. The container is sturdy, hygienic and spill-proof that makes it travel-friendly. It also contains the essential product-related information.
Price & Availability: The cost of the Lotus Baby+ Little Bubbles Body Wash & Shampoo is Rs.230 for 100ml. You can buy Lotus Baby+ baby care products online from Amazon.in.
My Experience: The body wash & shampoo comes in a transparent gel form and has a pleasant scent. The fragrance is not very strong. Still, it lingers on for good 3-4 hours. My daughter loves to play with foam and bubbles during her baths. It is her favourite thing to do while taking a bath. This body wash doesn’t lather much which makes our bath time experience not so fun. Additionally, the formula is slightly greasy and doesn’t give clean feel even after using plenty of water.
It does clean the skin well. However, I don’t like shampooing her hair with it. My daughter has pretty long curly hair, and it leaves her hair dry and frizzy that makes detangling her hair very difficult. Also, the formula is not tear-free, and it irritates her sensitive eyes. So I stopped using it on her hair and use it only as a body wash once in a while (just for the sake of finishing it off).
Reasons to buy Lotus Baby+ Little Bubbles Body Wash & Shampoo:
- It is 99% natural product from a well-known and reputed Indian beauty brand ‘Lotus Herbals’.
- It is enriched with the natural extracts of Chamomile.
- It is sulphate-free and preservatives free.
- A mild cleanser that cleanses the baby skin nicely without causing allergy or irritation.
- It has a mild scent that will not irritate babies/toddlers.
- Not very expensive.
Reasons to avoid Lotus Baby+ Little Bubbles Body Wash & Shampoo:
- The formula is not tear-free, and it irritates baby’s eyes.
- It leaves a slippery feeling, even after using plenty of water.
- It is not ideal to use as the shampoo as it makes hair frizzy and dry.
- It doesn’t lather much and can’t be used as a bubble bath solution.
- It scent stays on body and hair for quite long and doesn’t feel very pleasant after some time.