Hey everyone, my today’s review is about a yet another newly launched anti-ageing skincare product – Lotus YouthRx Active Anti Ageing Exfoliator. I’ve already reviewed some of the skincare products from the YouthRx range, you can check their reviews here.
Packaging: Lotus YouthRx Active Anti Ageing Exfoliator comes in a golden & purple tube with a screw cap. All the important product related information is also provided on the tube. Overall the tube packaging is sturdy, hygienic to use and you can easily carry it while travelling.
Texture & Fragrance: Lotus YouthRx Active Anti Ageing Exfoliator has a thick foamy texture and it contains a lot of tiny scrubbing granules. It has a strong spicy herbal mix fragrance which I find quite refreshing. But people with sensitive noses might not like its strong fragrance.
Price & Availability: The price of the Lotus YouthRx Active Anti Ageing Exfoliator is Rs.295 for 100g. You can buy it from Lotus outlets, local departmental stores and also online from Nykaa.com, Paytm.com, Amazon.in, etc.
Efficacy: After cleansing my face with Lotus YouthRX Active Anti Ageing Foaming Gel, I take a dollop of the exfoliator and massage it gently all over my damp face and neck. This foam-based exfoliator spreads very easily on the skin and does its job nicely. (The scrubbing granules are little harsh on the skin so make sure to apply very less pressure while massaging it with fingertips). It removes dead skin, whiteheads and blackheads effectively and also extract dust & oil from the pores. It comes out easily with a few splashes of water without leaving any residue. After pat drying my skin feels very soft, clean and refreshed, it extracts even stubborn blackheads that set deep inside the skin. (I generally wash my face with warm water before exfoliation. Warm water helps loosen whiteheads/blackheads and open those clogged pores).
It leaves the skin visibly clear and glowing without making skin dry or stretchy. My skin becomes a little red after using this exfoliator but the redness subsides withing 5-10 minutes. I’ve been using it twice a week for more than a month and it never caused any breakouts to my acne prone skin. The only thing which I don’t like about this exfoliator is, its scrubbing granules are very coarse and they have the tendency to irritate sensitive skin.
Reasons to buy Lotus YouthRx Active Anti Ageing Exfoliator:
- Creamy foam based formula that helps maintain skin’s moisture level.
- It removes dead skin, whiteheads and blackheads effectively.
- Leaves the skin soft, clean and refreshing with a mild glow.
- It is infused with natural plant extracts and is free from preservatives.
- A small quantity is required during each use and this 100g tube will easily last for up to 4 months.
- Suitable for all skin types (except very sensitive skin) and can also be used by men.
- Value for money.
Reasons to avoid Lotus YouthRx Active Anti Ageing Exfoliator:
- Scrubbing granules are quite harsh and it can irritate sensitive skin.
- Some people might not like its strong spicy fragrance.
- It gives uncomfortable tingling sensation to my acne prone skin.
Name: Lotus YouthRx Active Anti Ageing Exfoliator
Shelf life: 3 years