This is the review of Moroccanoil Treatment (hair oil or serum). I got my hair straightened last year and as the time passed, ingrown frizzy hair started growing very fast and so were my worries. I told my hair stylist about this and he suggested me the Moroccanoil Treatment to tame my frizzy hair. I had already heard about this product a lot, so I decided to give it a try. But that time it was sold out at their salon and he asked me to wait for another 15-20 days. Finally I got this oil 2 months back (I bought this product from Lakme salon) and now after using it for 2 months I decided to share my views about it .
Packaging : It comes in a turquoise color rectangular carton that contains a thick brown colored glass oil bottle & a pump. Pump makes it easy to pour out the oil from the bottle and also reduces wastage of the oil . You need to handle it carefully because of its glass packaging as if it fall down then it will break very easily. It has a really soothing fragrance that stays on your hair till the next hair-wash.
My Experience : As I’ve already told you that I’ve frizzy curly hair and annual hair-rebonding has become a necessity for me. Also my some hair has turned gray so I get them colored after every 2-3 months . As a result frequent rebonding, coloring and use of hair straighteners , I’ve damaged my hair . So I started using this oil from last two months . Every-time I use it, it makes my hair soft and more manageable. I’ve dry hair and I do need a oil serum to tame the frizz and fly always.
I just love its divine scent which is long lasting. The oil has a thick consistency but it gets absorbed by hair very quickly and does not feel heavy on hair. After every hair-wash I used this oil and it gave a healthy shine to my hair. As far as frizziness is concerned , it do control frizz but up to a certain extent. I’ve been using this oil thrice in a week but still only 1/4th of the total oil is used , and this way one bottle will last around 8-9 months , depending upon the usage .
I used this oil on damp as well as on dry hair and it works great in both ways. I used this oil before ironing my hair, it makes the straightener to glide through the hair smoothly. I’ve mid length hair and two pumps are more then enough for my hair.
All in all I like this hair oil but it is quite expensive and there are similar/better options available in the market at relatively lower price.
What I liked :
- Smooth frizz and split ends
- Divine fragrance
- Alcohol Free
- Applicable on dry & wet hair
- Suitable for all hair types
- Rich in antioxidant argan oil
- Long Lasting
What I disliked :
- Over priced
- Glass packaging
- Availability (Available only at reputed salons)
Price : Rs.2,430 for 100ml
Product Information :
Name : Moroccanoil Treatment
Claim : A unique formula rich in antioxidant argan oil that instantly absorbs into hair to immediately enhance manageability, shine and deliver long term conditioning without leaving residue.
Usage : After shampooing & conditioning, apply sufficient amount of oil thoroughly on damp or dry hair and style as usual.
Cyclomethicone : It is a clear, odorless, silicone-based oil that is commonly used to carry fragrance or essential oils and impart a silky feel. It doesn’t have any moisturizing qualities and evaporates quickly.
Dimethicone : Dimethicone is a silicon based polymer that is used in personal care products. It makes products easily spreadable and form a protective barrier on the skin and can fill in the fine lines (often used in makeup primers).
Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil (Argan oil) : Argan oil is extracted from the kernels of Argania Spinosa (Argan Tree) and is rich in antioxidants & anti-microbial agents. It is versatile and can be used to protect & nourish skin, hair and nails.
Linum Usitatissimum Seed Extract : Linum usitatissimum is a binomial name of Flax (also known as common flax or linseed). It improve the appearance of dry, damaged hair and provide moisturization to the skin.
Butylphenyl Methylpropional : It is a colorless synthetic fragrance ingredient with a strong floral scent and is mainly used in many cosmetic products.
Benzyl Benzoate : It is a synthetic chemical used as a fragrance ingredient, artificial flavor, preservative and solvent.
Alpha-Isomethylionone : It is a colorless liquid that is used to add fragrance to a variety of products including aftershave lotion, bubble baths, hair care products and moisturizers.
Other Ingredients : Fragrance, D&C Red No. 17 and D&C Yellow No.11.
Given below is the list of other Moroccanoil products :
- Moroccanoil treatment oil 100ml Price in India is Rs.2,430
- Moroccanoil treatment Light oil 100ml Price in India is Rs.2,430
- Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream 300ml Price in India is Rs.2,025
- Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream 300ml Price in India is Rs.2,025
- Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream 250ml Price in India is Rs.2,025
- Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask 250ml Price in India is Rs.2,025
- Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask 250ml Price in India is Rs.2,430
- Moroccanoil Weightless Mask 250ml Price in India is Rs.2,430
- Moroccanoil Shine Spray 100ml Price in India is Rs.1,530
- Luminous Hair Spray Medium 330ml Price in India is Rs.1,530
- Moroccanoil Frizz Control Spray 100ml Price in India is Rs.1,530
- Moroccanoil moisture repair shampoo 250ml Price in India is Rs.1,260
- Extra Volume Shampoo 250ml Price in India is Rs.1,485
- Moroccanoil moisture repair conditioner 250ml Price in India is Rs.1,260
- Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner 250ml Price in India is Rs.1,485
- Curl control Mousse 150ml Price in India is Rs.1,260
- Moroccanoil dry scalp treatment 45ml Price in India is Rs.2,025
- Moroccanoil oil scalp treatment 45ml Price in India is Rs.2,025