Hey everyone, today I’m reviewing the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the shade Shameless which is a drugstore dupe for MAC Heroine lipstick.
Packaging : Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Shameless comes in a color coded chubby stick form with a cap and a silver twist up mechanism. The shade name and number are labelled at the bottom of the chubby stick. All in all the packaging is sturdy, convenient to use and travel friendly.
Texture & Fragrance : Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Shameless has a velvety creamy texture that glides smoothly on the lips without tugging. It has a fresh minty fragrance which vanishes after a few minutes of application.
Shade & Pigmentation : Shameless is a gorgeous deep purple color without any shimmer. It is highly pigmented and goes completely opaque with just a single stroke. The color is build-able and gives an intense color pay-off with 2-3 coats. It is a very bold shade but you can toned down its color by just using it as a lip stain.
Efficacy : It glides effortlessly and imparts an even color on the lips without making lips patchy. It gives tingling sensation when applied on the lips and sets into creamy matte finish. It doesn’t feel drying on the lips unlike many other matte lipsticks. It stays on the lips for 3-4 hours with light snack & drinks. After that it fades evenly and you need to reapply it.
Price & Availability : The price of the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Shameless is Rs.800 for 2.7g. It is easily available at Revlon counters or you can buy it online from Nykaa.com, Purplle.com, etc.
What I liked about Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Shameless :
- Color coded stick crayon with twist up mechanism.
- No sharpening is required.
- Has light, non-sticky formula.
- Formulated with Shea, mango and coconut extracts.
- Pretty warm tone purple color.
- Gives creamy matte finish to the lips.
- Not too drying.
What I disliked about Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Shameless :
- Has the tendency to accentuate dry lip areas, so make sure to exfoliate the lips properly before applying it.
- Very bold shade that might not be everyone’s choice.
- Quite expensive for the quantity offered.
- You need to reapply it after 3-4 hours.