Hey everyone, today I am going to share a very simple homemade recipe for acne prone skin. I have acne prone oily skin and I love to try homemade face masks and scrubs to rejuvenate and sooth my skin. Today I am sharing a very simple yet effective DIY face scrub which helps in reducing acne & lightening acne spots. I have been using this face scrub twice in a week, for past one month and it really helped me a lot and has reduced my acne up to certain extent.
For this scrub, you will need just two ingredients which are easily available in every kitchen – Rice and Honey. Rice is known for its exfoliating and skin brightening properties and honey has anti-biotic agents and it heals & hydrates the skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of rice (here I took organic brown rice but you can use regular white rice also) and grind them coarsely. Make sure not to make fine powder as we need small beads for exfoliating the skin.
- Now add enough honey to make a paste, the consistency should be like as shown in the image.
How to Use :
- After cleansing your face, apply this scrub on your face (avoid eye area) and massage it gently all over the face and neck. Make sure to massage it with very light strokes, as rice granules may irritate your skin.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry. Sometimes the skin becomes a little red after its usage which is normal and the redness goes away after 3-4 minutes.
- Use your favorite moisturizer and you are done.
What I Liked about Rice Honey Face Scrub :
- Only two ingredients are required to make this scrub which are easily available at home and are inexpensive.
- It exfoliates skin very well and removes impurities, dead skin cells and blackheads & whiteheads.
- It makes my skin soft, smooth and refreshed.
- Effective in preventing pimples & acne and also helps in fading dark spots and lightening skin tone.
- This scrub can be used on any part of the body.
- It is suitable for all skin types. People with dry skin can add a few drops of almond oil for added benefits.
- Doesn’t cause any irritation or skin breakouts to my sensitive acne prone skin.
Use this simple home made scrub twice or thrice in a week for good results.