Hey everyone, today I’m reviewing the VLCC Insta Glow Gold Bleach with the goodness of gold oxide. VLCC is a well-known brand with the expertise of more than 25 years in beauty and wellness field. They offer a wide range of skincare, haircare, body care and wellness products. I’ve used many of their products in the past and really liked a few of them especially their DIY facial kits.
I’ve quite dark facial hair and they are more prominent on my fair skin. So I usually use bleach cream to lighten my facial hair before any special function or party. VLCC is my favorite brand when it comes to DIY home facials and I love their Gold, Diamond and De-pigmentation facial kits. I’ve tried this Gold Bleach a few times in past and really liked the results.
Product claims: VLCC Insta Glow Gold Bleach For instant golden glow in three easy steps with less irritation / reduced burn sensation during the bleaching process. VLCC Insta Glow Gold Bleach ‘Sab jalenge magar aap nahin!’. You can know more about the product here.
Packaging: This one to two-time usage bleach cream comes in a small carton box. Inside the box, there is a total of 6 products – 1 big bleach jar, 1 small activator jar, 1 sachet pre-bleach cream, 1 sachet post-bleach cream, 1 spatula and 1 instruction guide.
Application: This pack contains enough bleach for two-time usage but I used it all in a single usage. I’ve slightly broad face and I do apply bleach cream on my neck too so I prefer using all the bleach in one go. And if I am left with some extra bleach then I apply it on my hands or feet. I usually follow the given steps whenever I use this bleach cream.
Step 1: I washed my face with mild face wash and normal water and pat dry my face.
Step 2: I squeezed-out the pre-bleach cream from the sachet and massaged it on my face and neck. The cream comes in a light yellow color and has a slightly thick consistency. It has a sweet floral fragrance almost like rose scent. I massaged it for 3-4 minutes and by the time the cream got completely absorbed into the skin.
Step 3: I emptied both the jars containing bleach & activator in a glass bowl and mixed it well until the activator granules were completely dissolved into the cream. I prefer using my finger to mix the cream & activator but you can definitely use the plastic spatula provided in the pack to mix the bleach. Then I spread the bleach evenly on my face & neck avoiding the area around eyes & mouth. I focused on the areas where I’ve dark hair, like my jawline, chin & sideburns. It gave slight burning sensation to my skin which is way less than in comparison to other bleach creams.
- Tip 1 – Always start applying the bleach cream on your jawline, sideburns, foreheads and lastly to your inner cheek area and nose.
- Tip 2 – Don’t do any physical activity after application and relax in an AC room to avoid sweating.
Step 4: I waited for 15 minutes before washing the bleach off. I used normal tap water to remove the bleach cream. After pat drying my face, I took out the post-bleach cream and applied it evenly on my face & neck. It was a clear gel and contained a few gold flakes. It gave a cooling sensation to my skin that helped in calming the skin. I kept it on for 5 minutes by the time it was 70% dry and then massaged it into the skin by adding a few drops of rose water. The gel got completely absorbed into the skin within 5 minutes.
- Tip 1 – Don’t exceed the application time beyond 15 minutes. However, if your hair doesn’t get lighter in 15 minutes you can reapply the cream for 5 more minutes.
- Tip 2 – Use a few drops of rose water or plain water while massaging the gel to make the process smooth.
My Experience: After using this bleach my face looked even toned and bright. It lightened the facial hair and also removed the minor tan & discoloration I was having. I used this bleach cream two days back and my skin is still looking bright and glowing. It did make my skin red especially my inner cheeks but the redness subsided within few hours.
- Tip 1 – Always use the bleach cream during the night time to avoid sun exposure.
- Tip 1 – Use bleach cream at least a days before the function as it may cause a minor redness.
Reasons to buy VLCC Insta Glow Gold Bleach:
- The pack contains the information leaflet with directions imprinted on it in different languages for easy understanding.
- The quantity provided is for one time (or maximum of two-time) usage so you need not worry about the ratio of bleach and activator.
- The pack comes with pre-bleach and post-bleach creams to give you a mini facial like treatment at home.
- It helps lighten facial hair, even out minor discoloration and adds a nice glow on the skin.
- The cream comes with very mild scent, unlike other brands bleach creams that have the awful smell.
- It doesn’t cause any reaction or allergy to my combination acne prone skin.
- It adds a visible glow that will last for 4-5 days.
- It is not very expensive.
- Easily available at local beauty stores and leading online shopping websites.
- It is ideal to use for all skin types and can be used by men too.
Reasons to avoid VLCC Insta Glow Gold Bleach:
- If you have very sensitive skin then avoid using bleach cream on your face.
- It is not effective enough to lighten thick facial hair.